Books From The TBR: Queens And Monsters by J.T Geissinger

 


When the series was first released I missed out on signing up for an ARC. I was also mainly reading  ARCs at the time. So I finally made time this year. I'm limiting the ARCs I sign up for and working to read more from my TBR.

Five years ago, my fiancĂ© disappeared. He left me with a wedding dress I’d never wear. Left me with the kind of scars that can’t be healed. The man I built my future on vanished like a ghost. All that remained were my broken heart and unanswered questions.

Until a mysterious stranger arrives in town.

Tall, dark, and dangerous, Kage is as full of secrets as he is sex appeal. Though I know he’s hiding something, I’m drawn to him like a moth to flame.

The intensity of our connection is addictive, unlike anything I’ve ever felt before. Heat crackles between us with every look, desire flares into passion, and I fall hard, unable to resist.

But when I discover how he’s tied to the darkness in my past, I learn what happens when you fly recklessly into fire:

You get burned.

My Review

Ruthless Creatures
by J.T. Geissinger
My rating: 5 of 5 stars ✭✭✭✭✭

So good, it was hard to put down.

Working on review.

View all my reviews

Carnal (adjective):
1) Relating to the pleasures of the body
2) Given to sensual indulgence
3) The man who kidnapped me


The devil has blue eyes, an Irish accent, and a hatred for me that runs deep.

He blames me for starting a war. Consorting with his enemies. Getting his men killed. Though I’m innocent on all charges, he wants his pound of flesh. With an eye on revenge, he makes me his captive.

But as we’ll both soon discover, there are more powerful urges than that for revenge.

When the devil meets his match but she’s his sworn enemy, that’s when the real war begins.



My Review

Carnal Urges
by J.T. Geissinger
My rating: 5 of 5 stars ✰✰✰✰✰

Holy smokes

I loved Sloane and Declan so much! Every interaction at the beginning between these two, had me snickering right along. They had great chemistry from start to end.

I loved that out of all the men she's encountered, he was able to figure out exactly what she needed in order to keep her interested.

While arriving to visit her best friend, Sloane is kidnapped by the Irish mafia. She puts up a good fight and when she wakes up later on an airplane, she learns who has taken her.

Declan becomes the head of the Boston branch of the mafia while in route with the woman he was ordered to collect. He could return her and save himself the headache but the woman has captivated him.

Will he be able to convince her to stay?

View all my reviews

Savage (adjective):
1) Not domesticated; wild and untamed
2) A brutal or vicious person
3) Malek Antonov


He’s a myth. A ghost. A legend.
A Bratva assassin so feared, some won’t even dare to speak his name.

He comes in search of vengeance for the death of his brother, but what he finds instead is me.

A girl he thinks is someone else.
Someone unrelated to the man who killed his brother.
Except I am.

And when he finds out my true identity, he decides to take me as repayment for what he lost.

Now, I’m a little bird trapped in a cage, and the only way to survive is to make friends with the monster who captured me.

Except friendship isn’t what the monster has in mind.

My Review

Savage Hearts
by J.T. Geissinger
My rating: 5 of 5 stars ✮✮✮✮✮

Who knew Riley would be as sassy as her sister

When Malek first sees Riley, he thinks she's a homeless woman in need of money. That the only explanation he can think of as to why she is with the head of the Irish mob and his girlfriend.

Malek is there because the Irishman is responsible for his brother's death. But he wants to help Riley first.

When he and her bodyguard almost run into each other, she's forced to tell them what's been going on and the bodyguards move her to a safe house.

Malek manages to sneak into the safe house and things go south. Accidentally shot by her bodyguard, Malek takes Riley and nurses her back to health.

As she heals he wonders every day why she hasn't asked to be taken back. Riley wonders the same.

View all my reviews 

An Irish mobster with a brutal grudge.
An Italian mafia princess with a dark secret.
Two enemy empires joined in sacred marriage vows.
Let the hating games begin.

Author's Note: There is a thirteen-page epilogue set in the future not included in the ARCs that will be in the digital and paperback versions.

Reyna

If this arrogant Irish mobster my brother sold my niece to thinks I’m going to play nice over this arranged marriage BS, he should think again.
I don’t care if this match with the Mob will make my brother capo of the Five Families.
I don’t care how much money, territory, or power it will gain us.
I especially don’t care that the Irishman is the sexiest man I’ve ever seen.
I won’t allow my innocent niece to suffer the same way I did.
Even if I have to kill him.

Spider

I’m supposed to marry sweet, beautiful Lili. So why can’t I stop thinking about her swamp witch of an aunt?
Reyna who hates me. Reyna who challenges me. Reyna with the guts of a Viking, the body of a fertility goddess, and the attitude of a feral cat.
Nothing good can come of what I’m feeling for a woman who’s not the one in the wedding contract I signed.
A woman I want so much, I’ll have to burn the whole world down to get.
If she doesn’t kill me first.

My Review

Brutal Vows
by J.T. Geissinger
My rating: 5 of 5 stars ✮✮✮✮✮

Wow

The smexual tension between these two was off the charts. And I couldn't see how they would end up together but when they did, Wow!

After all that happened with Riley, Spider is ready for an arranged marriage because he wants to take love off the table.

An arrangement is made with an Italian family for the benefit of his organization. She's young and he has no real interest of moving their relationship beyond marriage.

When he arrives to negotiate with her father and meet his young bride, it's her aunt that makes his heart race.

All they do is trade insults and try to far away from one another until Reyna has no choice but to step into the role she swore she'd never step into again.

View all my reviews

Comments