Finished Book Series: Brooklyn Kings by L.K. Shaw

 


Yay!
I finished a book series that I started in 2021.
I read two ARCs from the author and never saw an ARC listing again.
So I signed up for her newsletter and a few books had already been released.
So I waited.
The series was recently released on Kindle Unlimited.
So I dove right back in!



Giovanni

One year. That’s how long I’ve wanted my boss’ cousin. I’ve worked my way up the ranks, dedicating my life to the syndicate while I tried easing Francesca’s fear of men.

The time has finally come for me to claim her.

Francesca

Seven years ago, my family’s enemy took everything from me. I’ve been determined to get it all back. When those same enemies nearly kill Giovanni, our friendship changes to something more.

Until a secret emerges that could destroy everything.



My Review: I kept this one pretty short

The Beast I Can't Tame by L.K. Shaw
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Finally, these two realize...

They are meant for one another.

We find out a lot of interesting information in this, like who Gio's father is and how that makes it possible for him and Francesca to finally end up together.

Aurora

It started with a stolen kiss. A brief flirtation between two strangers. Until reality intruded. He was a part of the Irish mob, and my father had other plans for me.

In the three years since, I’ve lived in a hell of secrets and lies, leaving me a broken, shattered version of my former self. Then, I come face to face with Jack again. The man who will either become my savior or my destruction.

Jack

My Irish family has spent years rescuing women trafficked by the Polish mafia. I’ve been a protector. A defender. Saved countless women.

A twist of fate puts a woman from my past directly in my path. When I discover she’s in danger, I’ll destroy anyone in order to save her, too.

My Review

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Slow burn as they wait for her to be free

Remember to check your triggers.
They met at a wedding, but she was already set to marry an older man her father owed money.

Three years have passed, and he's never forgotten her. When they run into each other again, she's a shadow of who she once was.

When her aunt/best friend finds out what is happening, she promises to help get her away, but not before her husband harms her again enough to land her in the hospital.

Rory knows he won't just walk away and leave her alone. So Jack steps in to keep her safe in Irish territory, where he'll be alerted to her husband's presence.

Now, Jack has to find a way to free Rory from her husband once and for all.

I love how patient Jack was with Rory. First, just by taking care of her and then giving her the space she needed to figure out what came next.

View all my reviews

I decided to split the post because there are three more books I read to share.

Comments

  1. It's such a great feeling to complete a series. And with it going to KU it makes it even easier to finish it up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment